New Mexico Tech is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools as a doctoral degree-granting university. Its credits are accepted by leading colleges and universities throughout the United States. It is approved by the Attorney General of the United States for the attendance of non-immigrant students, by the United States Department for Exchange Visitor Program P-I-1282, and by the Veteran's Approval Division of the Office of Military Affairs for attendance by students entitled to veteran's benefits.
HLC Contact Information:
New Mexico Tech is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, which is part of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604 (800) 621-7440 (312) 263-0456
NMT Contact Information:New Mexico Tech 801 Leroy Place Socorro NM 87801 USA 575-835-5434
The Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Environmental, Materials and Metallurgical, Mechanical, Mineral and Petroleum Engineering undergraduate programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
New Mexico Tech HLC Reaccreditation 2015 Documents and Information
- President's Introduction to the Assurance Argument (PDF)
- The New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology Assurance Argument 2.22.2015 (PDF)
- The Criteria for Accreditation and Core Components
- Assumed Practices within the Criteria for Accreditation
- Federal Compliance Worksheet for Review Panels and Evaluation teams