Off Campus Access
It is possible to access e-books and electronic journals while off campus. Access is only offered to currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff of New Mexico Tech. The easiest method to access these resources is detailed in the steps below.
- You must first have an active library account. Please contact the Circulation Desk to activate your account.
Library accounts expire at the end of each semester for students and at the end of the fall semester for faculty and staff.
- Your username is your Banner ID
- If you have never accessed your library account online, click here to set your password.
- When you try to connect to a research database or electronic journal from the library's web page, you will be prompted to login.
- When you login, a "cookie" is sent to your browser. It authorizes your access during the web browser session.
The EZProxy system allows authorized users to access restricted resources without using additional software or changing the configuration of your computer. When you try to connect to a research database or electronic journal from the library's web page, you will be connected to the EZProxy login screen and prompted for your library username (banner id) and password set by you here. Once you have been validated by the EZProxy system, a "cookie" is sent to your browser as an ongoing indication of your authorization to access these electronic resources. It will only need to be set once during each web browser session.
Access to the VPN server is provided by the TCC and requires your TCC username/password. This method of remote access requires additional software and changing the configuration of your computer. Directions for using the VPN server are available from the TCC web page.