- Functional polymeric materials
- Conjugated polymers
- Additive manufacturing
- Depolymerization for recycling
Awards and Honors:
- T. P. Le, B. H. Smith, Y. Lee, J. H. Litofsky, M. P. Aplan, B. Kuei, C. Zhu, C. Wang, A. Hexemer, E. D. Gomez “Enhancing Optoelectronic Properties of Conjugated Block Copolymers through Crystallization of Both Blocks” Macromolecules, 2020, 53, 1976-1976.
- R. Xie, A. Weisen, Y. Lee, M. P. Aplan, A. Fenton, A. Masucci, F. Kempe, M. Sommer, C. Pester, R. Colby, E. D. Gomez “Glass Transition Temperature from the Chemical Structure of Conjugated Polymers” Nat. Comm., 2020, 11, 893.
- D. S. Dissanayake, S. S. Gunathilake, C. M. U. Gedara, J. Du, S. Yoo, Y. Lee, Q. Wang, E. D. Gomez, M. C. Biewer, M. C. Stefan “Conductive Triethylene Glycol Monomethyl Ether Substituted Polythiophenes with High Stability in the Doped State” J. Polym. Sci. A Polym. Chem., 2019, 57, 1079-1086.
- J. Litofsky, Y. Lee, M. P. Aplan, B. Kuei, A. Hexemer, C. Wang, Q. Wang, E. D. Gomez “Polarized Soft X-Ray Scattering Reveals Chain Orientation within Nanoscale Polymer Domains” Macromolecules, 2019, 52, 2803-2813.
- Y. Dan, S. Rongpipi, J. H. Litofsky, Y. Lee, T. E. Culp, S. H. Yoo, T. N. Jackson, C. Wang, E. W. Gomez, E. D. Gomez “Aluminum Oxide Free-Standing Thin Films to Enable Nitrogen Edge Soft X-Ray Scattering” MRS Commun., 2019, 9, 224-228.
- M. P. Aplan, Y. Lee, C. Gray, T. Mallouk, E. D. Gomez “Conjugated Block Copolymers as Model Systems to Examine Mechanisms of Charge Generation in Donor-Acceptor Materials” Adv. Funct. Mater., 2019, 29, 180485.
- M. P. Aplan, J. Munro, Y. Lee, A. Brigeman, C. Grieco, Q. Wang, N. Giebink, I. Dabo, J. B. Asbury, E. D. Gomez “Revealing the Importance of Energetic and Entropic Contributions to the Driving Force for Charge Photogeneration” ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2018, 10, 39933-39941.
- Y. Lee, M. P. Aplan, Z. D. Seibers, R. Xie, T. E. Culp, C. Wang, A. Hexemer, S. M. Kilbey II, Q. Wang, E. D. Gomez “Random Copolymers Allow Control of Crystallization and Microphase Separation in Fully Conjugated Block Copolymers” Macromolecules, 2018, 51, 8844-8852.
- M. P. Aplan, Y. Lee, C. Wilkie, Q. Wang, E. D. Gomez “Push-pull architecture eliminates chain length effects on exciton dissociation” J. Mater. Chem. A., 2018, 6, 22758-22767.
- Z. D. Seibers, T. Le, Y. Lee, E. D. Gomez, S. M. Kilbey II “Impact of Low Molecular Weight Poly(3-hexylthiophene)s as Additives in Organic Photovoltaic Devices” ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2018, 10, 2752.
- Y. Lee, M. P. Aplan, Z. D. Seibers, S. M. Kilbey II, Q. Wang, E. D. Gomez “Tuning the synthesis of fully conjugated block copolymers to minimize architectural heterogeneity” J. Mater. Chem. A., 2017, 5, 20412-20421.
- R. Xie, Y. Lee, M. P. Aplan, N. Caggiano, C. Müller, R. Colby, E. D. Gomez “Glass Transition Temperature of Conjugated Polymers by Oscillatory Shear Rheometry” Macromolecules, 2017, 50, 5146-5154.
- C. Lee, Y. Li, W. Lee, Y. Lee, J. Choi, T. Kim, C. Wang, E. Gomez, H. Y. Woo, B. Kim “Correlation between Phase-Separated Domain Sizes of Active Layer and Photovoltaic Performances in All-Polymer Solar Cells” Macromolecules, 2016, 49, 5051-5058.
- C. Guo, Y. Lee, Y.-H. Lin, J. Strzalka, C. Wang, A. Hexemer, C. Jaye, D. A. Fischer, R. Verduzco, Q. Wang, E. D. Gomez “Photovoltaic Performance of Block Copolymer Devices Is Independent of the Crystalline Texture in the Active Layer” Macromolecules, 2016, 49, 4599-4608.
- E. A. Jackson§, Y. Lee§, M. Radlauer, M. A. Hillmyer “Well-ordered nanoporous ABA copolymer thin films via solvent vapor annealing, homopolymer blending, and selective etching of ABAC tetrablock terpolymers” ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2015, 7, 27331-27339. §equally contributed author
- Y. Lee, E. D. Gomez “Challenges and opportunities in the development of conjugated block copolymers for photovoltaics” Macromolecules, 2015, 48, 7385-7395.
- C. Guo, F. I. Allen, Y. Lee, T. P. Le, C. Song, J. Ciston, A. M. Minor, E. Gomez “Probing Local Electronic Transitions in Organic Semiconductors through Energy-Loss Spectrum Imaging in the Transmission Electron Microscope” Adv. Funct. Mater., 2015, 25, 6071-6076.
- E. A. Jackson, Y. Lee, M. A. Hillmyer “ABAC Tetrablock Terpolymers for Tough Nanoporous Filtration Membranes” Macromolecules, 2013, 46, 1484-1491.
- J. Shin, Y. Lee, W. B. Tolman, M. A. Hillmyer “Thermoplastic Elastomers Derived from Menthide and Tulipalin A” Biomacromolecules, 2012, 13, 3833-3840.
- J. S. Kim§, Y. Lee§, J. H. Lee, J. H. Park, J. K. Kim, K. Cho “High-Efficiency Organic Solar Cells Based on End-Functional-Group-Modified Poly(3-hexylthiophene)” Adv. Mater., 2010, 22, 1355-1360. §equally contributed author
- Y. Lee, J. K. Kim, C.-H. Chiou, Y.-K. Lan, C.-I. huang “Phase Behavior of Poly(3-alkylthiophene)/polystyrene blends” Polymer, 2009, 50, 4944-4949.
- Y. Lee, K. Fukukawa, J. Bang, C. J. Hawker, J. K. Kim “A High Purity Approach to Poly(3-hexylthiophene) Diblock Copolymers” J. Polym. Sci. A Polym. Chem., 2008, 46, 8200-8205.
- “PTB7Th-b-PNDI fully conjugated donor-acceptor block copolymers for thermal stability of photovoltaic devices” Y. Lee, Q. Wang, E. D. Gomez, 255th American Chemical Society (ACS) National Meeting and Exposition, New Orleans, LA, March 2018.
- “Incorporating fluorinated moieties in fully conjugated donor-acceptor block copolymers” Y. Lee, Q. Wang, E. D. Gomez, American Physical Society (APS) March Meeting, New Orleans, LA, March 2017.
- “Donor-Acceptor Fully Conjugated Block Copolymers through Chain-Growth Polymerizations” Y. Lee, Q. Wang, E. D. Gomez, Materials Research Society (MRS), Boston, MA, December 2016.
- “Conjugated Block Copolymers to Control the Microstructure of the Active Layer in Organic Photovoltaics” Y. Lee, Q. Wang, E. D. Gomez, American Physical Society (APS) March Meeting, Baltimore, MD, March 2016. (Invited)
- “Control of P3HT Crystallization to Promote Microphase Separation in Fully Conjugated Block Copolymers” Y. Lee, T. P. Le, Q. Wang, E. D. Gomez, American Physical Society (APS) March Meeting, Baltimore, MD, March 2016.
- “Synthesis and Structure of Fully Conjugated Block Copolymers Utilized in Organic Photovoltaics” Y. Lee, M. Aplan, Q. Wang, E. D. Gomez, American Physical Society (APS) March Meeting, San Antonio, TX, March 2015.
- “Device performance is independent of crystallite texture in conjugated block copolymer photovoltaics” Y. Lee, C. Guo, and E. D. Gomez, 2014 American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA, November 2014.
- International Application No. PCT/US2014/013186 entitled “Nanoporous filtration membranes” invented by E. A. Jackson, M. A. Hillmyer, Youngmin Lee