NMT Swimming Center
Updated Swimming Center Information
Updated July 26, 2021:
- If you are fully vaccinated, you do not have to wear a mask outside or inside. Please present your card or a photo copy of your vaccination card to the lifeguard.
- Showers are open both inside and outside.
- There are no more locker room restrictions with the exception of wearing a mask IF YOU ARE NOT VACCINATED.
- Locker rentals are available again. Forms are at the swim center and payment for lockers is HERE.
- Call 48-hours in advance to reserve a lap lane. Reservations are for the person calling. Lap lanes will be assigned at the time of reservation. Always check the pool hours for updates. To schedule a time, call the Swim Center at 835-5221
Monday - Friday:
- 6 spots available each hour from 6am to 8am
- M/W/F: 6 spots available each hour from 11am to 2pm
- T/Th: 6 spots available each hour from 11 am to 3 pm
- M/W/F: 6 spots available from 5:50pm to 6:30pm
- WEEKENDS: 11am to 2pm - 6 spots available each hour.
- To swim you must be a current member of the Swim Center and present a current NMT Swim Center pass. Guests passes are allowed. Only 2 guests/membership. ($3 for Seniors & $5 everyone else)
- Lap lane cancellations must be 24 hours in advance. Two (2) no shows to scheduled lap times will lead to suspended privileges for one month.
- The lifeguards will allow the users 15 minutes to shower after 6:30 pm.
- Swim Center members between the ages of 12 and 17 are eligible to lap swim. A pool waiver with a parent’s signature MUST be on file. Reservations are required for lap swimming.
- Check Pool Schedule for Open Swim Hours
- Entrance to the pool is through the main door.
The New Mexico Tech Swim Center is available year round for swimming and is free to full time New Mexico Tech students. The pool is 25 yards long and has six lap lines. There are three time periods, morning, noon and evening, designated for lap swimming in addition to two lanes being available for lap swimming during open swimming.
To complement the "quality of life" on the campus by offering educational and leisure aquatic opportunities in a safe environment.
A chair is installed at the side of Tech pool that will raise and lower a handicapped swimmer into the pool. There is also a shower in the men's and women's locker room that is accessible for wheelchair users.
Pool Rental Fee: $100.00 per hour for non affiliated groups and $50.00 per hour for New Mexico Tech affiliated groups.
Individuals wishing to rent the swimming pool must complete a NMT Swim Center Rental Form
Print the form mentioned above. Turn it in to the Swim Center or mail to Physical
Recreation at New Mexico Tech, 801 Leroy Place, Socorro NM 87801.
For more detailed information please contact Melissa Begay at (575) 835-5120.
Passes (price increase effective July 1, 2021)
Swim Center Passes are available to all NMT Faculty, Staff, Students, Affiliates, & Community Members as well as those who require use of a pool for Medical rehabilitation.
Individuals wishing to purchase a pass must fill out our pass form, the pass form has our raters listed as well.
Lap Swimming Information
- The New Mexico Tech pool is approx. 25 yards long. 36 laps is roughly one mile.
- Lap swimming is for Tech students and persons 12 years of age or older.
- Fins and boards are available for your workout.
Lap Swim Policy (for minors aged 12 to 17):
Swim Center members between the ages of 12 and 17 are eligible to lap swim. A pool waiver with a parent’s signature MUST be on file. Reservations are required for lap swimming under the following conditions:
- Person(s) requesting permission must use the pool in a manner consistent with lap swimming.
- Highly recommended: Please reserve a single lane for up to 3 household members.
** Lap lanes are not available for swimmers 12 to 17 years of age during the following times:
- Monday – Friday: 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. (Senior Water Aerobics)
- Monday – Sunday: During Open Swim
Email Address- email@example.com