Recreation and Wellness Center
NMT Recreation and Well-Being Center updated Policies and Procedures
- SAFETY COURSE for use of the bouldering wall: Mondays from 6pm-7:30pm. Students ($5.00) and non-students ($15.00) must take the safety course. Register with Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org and purchase the course HERE.
- Locker rental is $15.00 for 1 year. Pay HERE. A gym staff member will assist you with your locker combination once you have paid.
- Gym memberships must be purchased online. Payments are no longer accepted in person. The Gym's store front can be found here: NMIMT M-Mountain Mall
- Single Day Passes are available. The fee for a single day is $5.00. Must bring exact CASH.
Spring Semester Gym Hours (1/17)
Monday - Friday: 6:00 am to 11:00 pm
Saturdays: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Sundays: 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
(Hours are subject to change)
Monday 1/16: 7 am to 9 pm
New Policies & Procedures
- A new magnetic stripe card is required to enter the building. Be sure to scan in at the front desk EACH TIME YOU ENTER THE FACILITY. The NMT Gym is required by state mandate to have a record of every member that enters the facility for contact tracing purposes (in the event of a positive COVID-19 diagnosis). NMT ID Cards are required for staff and students and other members will be provided an appropriate card for this purpose.
- Please bring a sealable water bottle from home. We encourage the use of reusable bottles that are easily distinguishable as your own.
- Be mindful of others near you, and those waiting to use a piece of equipment. DO NOT USE MULTIPLE MACHINES AT ONE TIME, ESPECIALLY DURING PEAK HOURS.
- Multiple disinfectant spray bottles are placed around the weight room. Please clean your weights/benches/machines after use.
- If you or a member of your household are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19, or feel ill in any way, please stay home and do not return to the gym until your symptoms have subsided.
- ONLY new members will need to complete a COVID-19 liability waiver form before their membership can resume.
The NMT Recreation and Well-Being Center program shares in the educational mission of the university by offering opportunities to experience personal growth, social development, improve physical and mental health, and to develop lifetime leisure skills for a healthier lifestyle. The department organizes, administers, and promotes a broad program of competitive, recreational, and educational activities for students, faculty, and staff members at New Mexico Tech.
NMT Recreation and Well-Being Center
The Rec and Well-Being Center comprises two large multipurpose gymnasiums, a newly renovated weight and fitness room, a new training bouldering wall, one racquetball court, and one squash court. Additional recreational areas include a large, multi-use athletic field, multi-use turf court, and a sand volleyball pit.
Students, employees, and members of the Socorro community can use Tech’s athletic facilities. A valid student, faculty or staff identification card OR member magnetic swipe card is required for entry to the Rec and Well-Being Center. Everyone must swipe in before using the facility. Full-time students and NMT employees are eligible to receive passes for their spouse and dependent children (between the ages of 12 and 21). If a membership card is lost or stolen, a replacement swipe card is $10. Fees for Rec and Well-Being Center use are identified below:
Students, faculty and staff as well as Socorro community members are encouraged to take part in intramural sports which are held year round. Socorro community members pay an intramural fee of $15.00 per league.
If a student is interested in developing a specific sporting skill or interested in participating in a higher level of competition, the Recreation and Well-Being Sports Clubs program can provide just that!
The department employees a handful of students every semester. The positions include; gym/weight room attendants, referees for soccer, volleyball, basketball and softball AND score keepers for various sports.