CyberReady New Mexico
Cybersecurity Research, Economic Development, Education, and Entrepreneurship
The New Mexico Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (NMCCoE), working with stakeholders in New Mexico, is developing CyberReady New Mexico focused on making New Mexico a leader in cybersecurity. The CyberReadyNM consortium is lead by the New Mexico Cybersecurity Center of Excellence housed at New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology.
CyberReadyNM includes planned efforts in:
- educational pathways from high school cybersecurity certifications through doctoral degrees in cybersecurity;
- research and innovation driven by current and future challenges to enhance our understanding and capabilities in cybersecurity;
- entrepreneurship to transition research solutions to challenges from academia, industry, and national laboratories resulting in innovations that deliver new products, services, and companies;
- economic development from securing our existing companies across all industry sectors to growing new companies with products and services to improve cybersecurity;
- service programs to train students, provide hands-on professional experience, and assist with addressing auditing / assessing security, remediating vulnerabilities, and security operations;
- cyber hygiene training and outreach to our broad community from K-12 through senior citizens and businesses.
CyberReadyNM Working Group Meeting
APRIL 8, 2022
Stakeholders from information technology, business, educational institutions, and government agencies will gather in Socorro Wednesday, April 6, at a daylong conference to discuss cyber security challenges, activities, and opportunities for collaboration and expansion. Representatives from education and various levels of government including municipalities, workforce development, and service programs are expected to attend CyberReady New Mexico’s working group meeting at New Mexico Tech as they work together to build a cyber security consortium across the state and advocate for funding. See the news release for more details.
SEPTEMBER 14, 15 & 17, 2021
As part of the CyberReady joint initiative, New Mexico's Economic Development Department (EDD), Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (CCoE), and Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) have worked together to develop a cybersecurity training workshop focused on the new Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) guidelines. The CyberReady workshop will help prepare New Mexico businesses for the required cyber practices set forth by the federal government.
The $200 workshop will take place online from Sept 14, 15 & 17 and is open to all NM businesses. Register online by Sept 10 in our Marketplace.
May 12, 13, & 14, 2021
As part of the CyberReady joint initiative, New Mexico's Economic Development Department (EDD), Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (CCoE), and Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) have worked together to develop a cybersecurity training workshop focused on the new Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) guidelines. The CyberReady workshop will help prepare New Mexico businesses for the required cyber practices set forth by the federal government. See the news release for more details.
To stay informed on cybersecurity opportunities, please submit your information in the survey. CLICK HERE FOR THE SURVEY
Best Practices, News, and Events
Contact us with questions about CyberReady at the NMCCoE email address below.
(Please see contact information below)
|Lorie M. Liebrock