Physicists ask the most fundamental questions about science. Why are we here? What are we made of? What happens if I run 100,000 Amps through a gas or have a magnetic field with more energy per volume than TNT? Physicists at Tech are specifically fascinated by phenomena in the Earth's atmosphere and in deep space. We have active groups in astrophysics and atmospheric physics.
- NMT Lightning Researchers featured in Australian News Article
- Up All Night: NESSI Comes to Life at Palomar Observatory
- NESSI Emerges as New Tool for Exoplanet Atmospheres
- Physics garners Department Research Award at the 2019 NMT Student Research Symposium
- Lightning Researchers Land NASA and NSF Research Grants
- Click here for Physics Department faculty office hours