WELCOME TRANSFER STUDENTS!
This page is your Transfer Guide to NM Tech.
(Don't see what you're looking for? Let us know!)
General Education Core Curriculum Transfer Guides
Information on the core curriculum required of all Bachelor of Science graduates, from the areas of Communications, Mathematics, Laboratory Sciences, Social Sciences, and Humanities
Detailed information on courses that will meet basic requirements as well as upper- and lower-division courses previously approved for transfer to NMT
Guaranteed transfer agreements between New Mexico Tech and other universities
Placement Information UPDATED INFORMATION COMING SOON
Advanced Placement Test, Math Placement, and English Waiver information
Answers to commonly asked questions regarding transfer of credits to NMT
Current students: Complete this form to guarantee transfer of coursework prior to enrolling
Note: You may not transfer credit from another university if you have already attempted a course at NMT!
Facilitate the transfer of 2-year STEM students to 4-year baccalaureate programs between STeP Grant partner institutions.
Learn about how credit earned while studying abroad will transfer back to Tech
General Rules About Transfer Credit (including articulated credit):
- An institution must be regionally accredited in order for their credits to be accepted at NMT.
- Students must earn a grade of "C" or higher in order for a class transfer.
- NMT must have official transcripts from the transferring institution before transfer credit will be awarded.
- Classes attempted at NMT may not be taken elsewhere and transferred back.
- Credits taken at another institution while serving a period of academic suspension will not be accepted for transfer.
- Students who would like to take a course that is not pre-approved for transfer should submit the course description to firstname.lastname@example.org for a decision about its transferability. Students are strongly encouraged to check the transferability of a course prior to registering for it.
Registrar's Office - Fidel Center 2nd Floor
Phone: (575) 835-5507
Ready to be part of the Tech family? Visit the Office of Admission!