International Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
Students who wish to pursue a Bachelor of Science degree at New Mexico Tech must have graduated from secondary school with the equivalent of a 2.5 grade point average and have taken the following secondary coursework:
- Language: a minimum of four years of language instruction in the native or national language
- Mathematics: a minimum of three years, which must include algebra, geometry, trigonometry, or higher course work.
- Science: a minimum of two years of sciences, with labratories, chosen from among biology, physics, chemistry, and earth science.
- Social Science: a minimum of three years, one of which must be history
To apply for admission you must:
- Complete an International Online Application.
- Pay the application fee by calling the Cashier's Office at 575-835-5515 or mail a money order to the address below.
- Read and follow the advice in How to prepare and send documents to NMT (PDF File).
- Submit all supporting documentation (official TOEFL score, proof of funds, etc.) as instructed.
All documents should be mailed to:New Mexico Tech International Programs Fidel Center, Room 268 801 Leroy Place Socorro, NM 87801 USA
- If English is not your native language, have an official TOEFL score of at least 76 or an IELTS score of at least 6.5 sent to us directly.
- Complete and sign the Certificate of Financial Responsibility (PDF File) . Attach letters of financial support from family and friends. Please see SEVIS Figures to determine your financial situation.
- Provide a transcripts/credentials evaluation of all required academic documents compiled by World Education Services (WES), an independent credential evaluation provider. High school applicants request the Document-by-Document report; college applicants request the Comprehensive Course-by-Course Report. New Mexico Tech will receive a copy of the original documents along with the evaluation. We recommend that you review the Frequently Asked Questions listed on the WES website. WES requires a fee from the applicant for processing.
Note: All required documentation must be received by:
Fall Semester: May 1
Spring Semester: October 1
Your application will be reviewed as soon as all documents are received.
New Mexico Tech reserves the right to require an advance deposit of funds equal to the out-of-state tuition and fees for one academic year.
Math Placement Exams
As a science an engineering school, math will play a huge role in your success here at NMT. Once you have been admitted, we ask that all incoming international underaduates take the math placement test. This will help the Math Department place you in the correct math classes to prepare you for your core classes. Please follow this link to the Math Placement test. By taking a test before you arrive on campus, you will be able to save time in resgistering for classes and will have one less item to take care of in what will be a very busy week.