Course Placement Information
AP, ACT/SAT, MATH & CLEP PLACEMENT INFORMATION
Note: Official documents are required for all credit, placement, and waivers
Advanced Placement Program
Please have your official AP Score Report sent to New Mexico Tech for credit evaluation & transfer. Credit and/or advanced placement are granted according to the departmental policies listed here.
Math Placement is determined by the following:
1. ACT/SAT Score for Math Placement
2. Dual or other college/university Transfer Credit
For information on transfer/Dual credit please speak with the Articulation and Transfer Specialist in the Office of the registrar by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The optional Math Placement Test.
For information email: email@example.com
Students wishing to take the Math placement test are advised to email the address above with their name, 900 ID number, and any math courses they may be enrolled in.
Qualifications for the Math placement exam:
- Student must not be enrolled in any math course that they wish to take an exam to test out of or a student must have dropped the Math course before the drop deadline to be eligible for the placement exam.
- Student must have not completed a math course they wish to test out of, as this will deem the student ineligible for the math placement exam for the math course the student would like to test out of (example; a student takes Math 101 and receives a grade less than C-, but then would like to complete the math placement exam).
- A student who takes the math placement exam but still completes the course that has been tested out of will have their scores voided as the completed course grade will trump the test score.
- If a student enrolled in a Math course for which a placement exam is offered and passes with a C- or better the studen is eligible to take the placement exam for the next course (for instance, if a student passes Math 103 with a C- or better, they are eligible to take "test out" exam for Math 104).
ACT/SAT English Waiver
College Level Examination Program
No credit is given for the College Level Examination Program (CLEP). However, challenge exams are available in various courses. Challenge exams are arranged by individual academic departments. Here you can find information on challenge exams.