New Mexico Tech Swim Center
Reopening July 1, 2020
Welcome Back – We are looking forward to reopening and giving everyone a chance to enjoy working out at the pool. Use of NMT’s pool is limited and in strict compliance with the Governor Michelle Jujan Grisham’s executive orders, CDC guidelines, and New Mexico Department of Health COVID-Safe Practices. The main goal is to provide a safe environment and limit the spread of COVID-19.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 6 –9 am and 11am-7pm
Saturday and Sunday: Temporarily closed due to staffing
The following precautions and operational changes will be enforced until further notice:
- The Swim Center is open for lap swim only - limited to 6 lap swimmers - one lap swimmer per lane to accommodate social distancing of 6 ft.
- Social Distancing at 6ft is required at all times and will be enforced.
- Individuals showing any symptoms of COVID-19 illness may not use the facility, and high-risk individuals are discouraged from using the facility.
- Outside entrance and exit areas will be clearly marked. The pool’s entrance is located at the outside double gates on the south side of the facility. The exit is located at the north outside double gates.
- Face coverings are required when entering and exiting the Swim Center and in all areas, except in the water, as per the Governor’s executive orders and CDC guidelines.
- NO LOCKER ROOM USE AND NO SHOWER USE. This includes the outdoor shower. All swimmers are required to shower prior to coming to the facility. Separate access for bathroom usage is clearly marked through the inside lobby off the deck for Women and hallway/deck glass door by the guards office for Men.
- To retrieve items in your locker you may call ahead for an appointment or retrieve during your first scheduled workout time.
- No sunbathing or gathering on deck. Wait time is no more than 5 minutes on deck. Any earlier will require waiting outside the Swim Center.
- Chairs will be provided for towels and gear, and there is velcro on the lounge chairs for displaying passes
Swimming Pool Usage
Lap swim times need to be scheduled in advance.
Two (2) lap lanes are available for 45-minute workouts and Four (4) lap lanes are available for 1-hour workouts.
- Reservations are limited to one per person per day. Call 48-hours in advance to reserve a lane during the following hours - M-F 6:30am to 9am and 11:30am to 7pm . You may schedule up to two reservation times per call. Reservations are for the person calling only. Lap lanes will be assigned at the time.
- To schedule a time or times call the Swim Center at 835-5221.
- To swim you must be a current member of the Swim Center and present a current NMT Swim Center pass. No guests or guest passes allowed.
- Cancellations must be 24 hours in advance. Two (2) no shows to scheduled lap times will mean suspended privileges for one month.
- NMT’s work out accessories will NOT be available for usage. Please bring your own fins, paddles, kick boards, etc. Workout equipment cannot be stored in personal lockers, on the deck, in the storage closet, or in the office area.
As per our current policy, you must be 18 years of age or older to take part in lap swim.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Valerie Del Curto at email@example.com or 835-5050.