Governor Lujan Grisham announced Thursday that the following restrictions will be in place beginning Monday, July 13, 2020.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times outside of your house which includes while playing golf
- All golfers must wear a face covering while they are on golf course property (This
includes all practice areas)
In compliance with the state's public health order, effective Saturday, August 29, 2020, the M-Mountain Grill will have indoor dining service at 25% of maximum occupancy.
In the eyes of the Governor's office, golf's biggest issue is people congregating. Whether it is in the parking lot, cart staging area, restaurant, or on the patio. These seem to be the majority of reports against golf.
The majority of those reports involve people hanging around the facility following
their round, rather than leaving.
We realize wearing face coverings while playing golf is not ideal, but we have to be safe and follow these guidelines if we want the golf course and snack bar to stay open. We appreciate your continued support of New Mexico Tech Golf Course through these tough times.
Welcome to the 2020 Golf Season
We are so glad to be back open and ready to serve our amazing golfers. As you are aware New Mexico Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham is reopening our state slowly and with great precaution. The Governor seems to make new announcements approximately every two weeks with the next announcement slated for May 29th, 2020. In an effort to keep our golfers informed this is what is currently taking place in accordance with orders that began May 16th, 2020:
- Adhere to Required COVID-19-Safe Practices
- Masks must be worn at all times
- Limit tee times to 15 minute intervals
- Tee times must be pre-scheduled (NOTE: NMT will only schedule tee times seven (7) days in advance
- The following reservation formats are allowable:
o Threesomes under the following scenarios:
- Three individuals of the same household
- Two individuals of the same household + one booked together
- Three individuals booked together, however a maximum of two powered carts
o Foursomes under the following scenarios:
- Four individuals of the same household
- Two individuals of the same household + two individuals of a second household, booked together, with a maximum of two powered carts
- Two individuals of the same household + two individuals booked together, with a maximum of two powered carts (one or two individuals must walk)
- Limit one rider per cart, unless two individuals share the same household
- Limit 144 players at any time on the course (four on the tee and four on the green for all 18 holes
- Limit food purchases to take out only (NOTE: We currently only have “grab and go” snacks and drinks available.)
- Configure practice facilities such that there is at least six feet spacing between golfers
During our soft reopening or Phase I reopening we have discovered that we will need to make some minor adjustments to our current operations. In anticipation for the next phase of reopening the golf course staff will need some time to prepare operations in order to meet those changes. During the month of June, the NM Tech Golf Course will be closed on Tuesdays and will continue to have adjusted temporary hours of 9:00am to 5:30pm on Mondays, 8:30am to 5:30pm on Wednesdays through Fridays and 8:00am to 5:30pm on the weekends.
Welcome to the New Mexico Tech Golf Course, home of the Elfego Baca Shootout.
Enjoy the challenge of the New Mexico Tech Golf Course, located 73 miles south of Albuquerque on the New Mexico Tech campus in Socorro, New Mexico.
The golf course is an uncrowded 18-hole, championship layout of rolling hills, dramatic elevation changes, and dynamic views of the Rio Grande valley. GOLF DIGEST magazine named us “one of the 10 best public courses in New Mexico, and one of America’s 500 best places you can play.”
The tree-lined fairways serve as the site for the Elfego Baca Shootout, during the first week in June and the Annual NMT Presidential Golf Tournament in mid-September.
Temporary Hours of Operation
Last Bucket will be sold at 5:30p.m.
Driving Range will close at 6:00p.m.
No Carts after 5:30p.m.
All Carts must be in by 7:00p.m