Spring 2021 On-Campus COVID-19 Testing
New Mexico Tech has successfully performed COVID-19 Rapid Tests on almost all of its on-campus students and provided those students with a Health Compliance Certificate (HCC) and designated lanyard for the spring semester. In an effort to help minimize the spread of the pandemic on campus, Tech will also be conducting on-campus surveillance testing on an ongoing basis.
This spring semester, Tech is again working collaboratively with the NMDOH to offer on-campus testing every Thursday from 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m., in the Macey Center (901 Olive Ln.). These tests will consist of the less intrusive Curative oral fluid swab test. Demonstrators will show participants how to properly conduct this self-administered test where participants swab between their cheeks and gums and under the tongue.
This on-campus testing will be made available to Tech students and employees. If you are interested in receiving a convenient and less intrusive COVID-19 oral fluid test, please go online to https://curative.com/ and click Book Now to sign up for one of the available time slots on the desired day. Here are the general steps:
- Please visit https://curative.com/
- Search for your location: Curative is a California based lab so that state will initially populate. Type in Socorro and NMT should populate.
- Select a date & time:( Testing dates will be every Thursday through the spring semester). The site will show you how many of the 200 slots are still available for any given test date as well as how many slots are still available for every 30-minute time frame. Select a different time-slot or the next date if there are slots available
- Answer some simple questions.
- There should be no out of pocket expenses for this Curative test.
- The website will ask you if you have insurance. If you have insurance, please take a photo of the front and a photo of the back of your insurance card and upload it when requested. Please provide you Insurance Membership # and your Insurance Group # when asked.
- If you do not have insurance, you will be asked to upload a photo of the front and a photo of the back of your driver’s license.
- You will receive a confirmation via text or email depending on which you selected.
When it is your time to be tested:
- Don’t eat or drink anything other than water 20 minutes prior to your test time so not to contaminate your test sample.
- Masks/facial covering and social distancing are required.
- Arrive a few minutes early to the Macey Center for this “Walk-up” Test.
- If you are symptom-free, you can enter the Macy Center lobby and check-in with the attendant.
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms, please walk around to the designated area on the patio to the left of the main building entrance. Someone will attend to you as soon as they see you in the designated area.
In 2-3 days after your test, your results will be sent to you or you can go back to the Curative site for your results. Once you sign-in and establish an account with Curative, you can quickly sign-up for future on-campus test time.
Please be aware this site is different from the NMDOH online registration site. NMT's Thursday on-campus testing is not listed on the NMDOH site.
In addition to this on-campus surveillance testing, Tech is exploring additional rapid testing opportunities for your convenience. We will keep you updated on those developments.