Updated NMT COVID-19 Policies, July 13
July 13 3:45 p.m. MST
As New Mexico Tech continues to prepare a safe, healthy campus for the coming semester that complies with New Mexico Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham’s Executive Orders and direction from the New Mexico Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control, the COVID-19 Task Force has issued the following policies for all NMT employees:
- All New Mexico Tech employees who travel outside of New Mexico must quarantine for
14 days upon their return. This applies to both professional and personal travel.
- During the 14-day quarantine, in the case of personal out-of-state travel, employees must work with their supervisor to see if they may work from home during the quarantine. If working from home is not possible, then they may use personal, vacation, or sick leave until the conclusion of the 14-day period. Employees without enough available leave must take unpaid leave for the balance of the quarantine.
- During their quarantine, employees should get tested for COVID-19, especially if they begin to display symptoms of the disease.
- All individuals shall wear a mask or multilayer cloth face covering anywhere on New
Mexico Tech campus grounds except when eating, drinking, or swimming unless a healthcare
provider instructs otherwise. Individuals are not required to wear a mask when alone
in an office, lab, or other enclosed indoor room.
- If a healthcare provider instructs any individual to not wear a mask or multilayer cloth face covering, that individual must provide written documentation from their healthcare provider to their immediate supervisor before being allowed to enter campus grounds.
- All individuals must wear face-coverings, including while exercising. This requirement includes those exercising outdoors and at indoor gyms and fitness centers.