Pedram Roghanchi, PhD
- 575 - 825 - 5273
- MSEC 172
- Ph.D. Geo-Engineering, University of Nevada, Reno, 2017
- M.S. Mining Engineering, University of Nevada, Reno, 2013
- B.S. Mining Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology, 2011
- Mine Ventilation
- Mine Health and Safety
Research Experience and Interests
- Development of thermal management policy for underground metal mines
- Best practices for design and use of climatic monitoring systems in hot mines
- The effect of mining activities on environment, society, and mining community - responsible mining
- ME 340 – Geomechanics and Mineral Evaluation (3 credits)
- ME 380 – Mine Systems (6 credits)
- ME 440 – Mine Ventilation (3 credits)
Awards and Recognitions
- Outstanding Ph.D. Student in Mining Engineering, University of Nevada, Reno, 2017
- Gordon C. Frisby “Excellence in Safety Innovation Award,” 2015
- Roghanchi, P., & Kocsis, K. C. (2017). Challenges in selecting an appropriate heat stress index to protect workers in hot and humid underground mines. Safety and Health at Work. (10.1016/j.shaw.2017.04.002).
- Roghanchi, P., Kocsis, K. C., & Sunkpal, M. (2016). Sensitivity analysis of the effect of airflow velocity on the thermal comfort in underground mines. Journal of Sustainable Mining, 15(4), 175-180.
- Roghanchi, P., Kocsis, K. C., Danko, G., & Powell, A. (2017). Underground climatic monitoring and modeling: Are we missing something?. Calitatea, 18(S1), 133-139.
- Roghanchi, P., & Kocsis, K. C. (2017). Improving the climatic conditions in development and production workings of hot underground mines by re-designing the auxiliary ventilation system: a case study. International Journal of Mining and Mineral Engineering, 8(4), 280-293.
- Sunkpal M., Roghanchi P., Kocsis C.K., Underground Heat Safety: A Method to Protect Mine Workers in Hot and Humid Climates. Journal of Safety and Health at work (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.shaw.2017.06.011)
- Kallu R., Roghanchi P., (2015) “Correlations between Direct and Indirect Strength Test Methods,” Journal of Mining Sciences and Technology, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 355-360.
- Roghanchi P., Kallu R., (2014). Block Punch Index (BPI) Test – A New Consideration on Validity and Correlations for Basalt and Rhyolite Rock Types. Journal of Mining Science, Vol. 50, No.3, pp. 475-483.
- Roghanchi P., Kallu R., Thareja R., (2014) .Use of Fuzzy Set Theory to RMR Classification for Weak and Very Weak Rock Masses. International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 997-1003.
- Roghanchi P., Kallu R., Thareja R., (2013). New Expression of Three Adjustment Factors of Slope Mass Rating (SMR) Classification System. International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 7-17.