****In person visits at the Counseling Center are currently suspendend****
We are still offering counseling services to students through this difficult time.
We are offering zoom sessions as well as phone sessions up to 50mins with students who are currently within of the state of New Mexico.
If anyone is interested in receiving telephonic mental health services from the Counseling Center at at NMT, please email email@example.com for more information. Or call our main number 575-835-6619 Monday - Friday from 8:00a.m to 4:00p.m.
Note: The way we provide services has been amended in order to meet the standards recommended by Governor Lujan Grisham as well as to adhere to the ethics required by our licensing board.
Update: The Wellness Society's Coronavirus Anxiety Workbook might be able to help you with managing the variety of emotions that you may be experiencing.
The mission of Counseling Center is to support the emotional, intellectual and social development of students at New Mexico Tech. NMT Counseling Center helps individuals resolve existing problems, prevent potential problems, and develop new skills that will enrich their lives.
Office Hours and Location:
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The Counseling Center is located on the first floor of the Joseph A. Fidel Center. The entrance is outside of Fidel on the NW side of the building, adjacent to Workman.
Currently enrolled NMT graduate or undergraduate student registered for a minimum of 6 credit hours will be seen for an initial appointment. The initial appointment is an opportunity for your counselor to determine if the services we offer are appropriate for your needs and for you to decide if our services are a good fit for you.
The State of New Mexico legally recognizes that communication between a counselor and her/his client as privileged and confidential. We will not disclose your contacts with us to your spouse/partner, your parents, professors, or anyone else without your permission.
There are few narrow exceptions:
- If you are in imminent danger to yourself or are a significant danger to someone else, we have a legal obligation to break confidentiality to protect you and/or others.
- If you are abusing children/vulnerable adults or inform us concerning someone who is, then we have a legal responsibility to report this to the proper authorities. Such a report could potentially lead to disclosure of your being a client and require testimony concerning the suspected abuse.
- If, as part of an employment process or security screening you sign a release of records form about services received from us, we will ask that you sign our form to ensure that you are freely and knowingly releasing a brief summary of your contact with us.
- Your records can also be subpoenaed by a court of law (e.g. if you claimed emotional damages in a lawsuit).
- We also reserve the right to consult with the NMT Health Center and NMT Behavior Intervention (BIT) Team when professionally appropriate.
Scheduling an Appointment
Cancellation of Appointments
We require 24 hours notice by phone 575-835-6619 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Students who miss two or more consecutive appointments (without providing notice) will have their file closed and could be referred to community services should they require psychological care.
Tips, Tricks, and Resources
The Counseling Center
|Angela Gautier, LPCC||Director of Counseling Center||575-835-6619||Counseling Center||Fidel First Flooremail@example.com|
|Laura Barker, LMHC||Counselor||575-835-6619||Counseling Center||Fidel First Floorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Andrea R. Jojola||Administrative Assistant||575-835-6619||Counseling Center & Disability Services||Fidel First Flooremail@example.com|