The NMT ASAP Party Patrol action team has met with the Socorro City police, State police, Campus Police,Juvenile Probation Office, student groups, and New Mexico Tech administration to discuss how to coordinate a police-led party patrol on likely “party dates” in the community to target and break up large parties. This raises the perception of risk involved with providing alcohol to minors and attending parties as someone who is underage.
The NMT ASAP Party Patrol action team also spreads awareness of and enforces the NMDOH mandate for Covid-19 restrictions which include avoiding gatherings of more than 10 people.
Party Patrol Goals
- To decrease youth access to alcohol at parties
- To decrease underage adults (18-20) that have been reported drinking in past 30 days
- To decrease reporting at least 1 drink in the past 30 days
- To decrease college students reporting access to alcohol at an on or off campus party
- To decrease the spread of Covid-19 due to large gatherings