NMT Housing & Residential Life
Housing Cancellation Policy
As written in the Housing Room & Board Application and License Agreement:
- Students entering University Housing for the proceeding semester may cancel their
Housing Room & Board Application and License Agreement without financial penalty by
- June 1 (for the proceeding fall term)
- December 1 (for the proceeding spring term)
- May 1 (for the proceeding summer term)
- Students who have not checked into their assigned residential space by the first day of classes for the respective term will be charged a $400 fee for breaking their Housing License Agreement.
- Housing Room and Board cancellation requests made after the first day of classes are NOT eligible for a refund.
- Students residing in Unviersity Housing in the Fall semester who desire to cancel
their Housing License Agreement for the following Spring semester will still be held
responsible to the financial obligations of their Housing License Agreement (i.e.,
all Room & Board fees) if they remain enrolled at the University.
- If students desire to request to be released from the financial obligations of their Housing License Agreement, they must complete a Housing License Agreement Cancellation Request Form (see bottom of page for access to form). For instructions on the Housing License Agreement Cancellation Request Form Process, please follow the link: Housing License Agreement Cancellation Request Process.
- All other Housing cancellation requests should be emailed to the Office of Housing & Residential Life (Residential_Life@nmt.edu). No other forms of cancellation requests will be accepted.
- Term dates are available on the current Housing & Residential Life Rates Sheet. Please return to the Office of Housing & Residential Life's Main Website for access the current Rate Sheet.