New Mexico Tech Golf Course is open with limited tee times available. Tee times are required so make sure to use our Tee Times page or call the Pro Shop at 575-835-5335
The M Mountain Grill is open with limited indoor and outdoor seating available as well as to go orders. Place an order by calling 575-835-6736. View our menu items or our hours of operation on our Grill page.
Effective April 30th, 2021 Socorro County is in the Turquoise phase.
Effective May 3rd, 2021 New Mexico Tech Golf Course will be updating our Covid 19 golf cart riding policy. We are requiring golfers to ride together and anyone requiring a separate cart will be charged the additional rider fee. Non-household members are now permitted to ride in the same cart. There will be 2 riders per cart with the following exceptions:
- Single rider cart fees will be $18 for 9 holes and $36 for 18 holes .
- Cart pass holders that wish to ride alone will pay the additional single rider fee, $9 for 9 holes and $18 for 18 holes.
- A three-some of players, one player will not be required to pay the additional single rider fee .
- Twosomes will be given one cart
- Threesomes will be given two carts
- Foursomes will be given two carts
- Fivesomes will be given three carts
- Fivesomes will be allowed Monday - Friday and after 11 on Saturday and Sunday
- There are no spectator carts available
Welcome to the New Mexico Tech Golf Course, home of the Elfego Baca Shootout.
Enjoy the challenge of the New Mexico Tech Golf Course, located 73 miles south of Albuquerque on the New Mexico Tech campus in Socorro, New Mexico.
The golf course is an uncrowded 18-hole, championship layout of rolling hills, dramatic elevation changes, and dynamic views of the Rio Grande valley. GOLF DIGEST magazine named us “one of the 10 best public courses in New Mexico, and one of America’s 500 best places you can play.”
The tree-lined fairways serve as the site for the Elfego Baca Shootout, during the first week in June and the Annual NMT Presidential Golf Tournament in mid-September.
Temporary Hours of Operation
Last Bucket will be sold at 6:00p.m.
Driving Range will close at 6:30p.m.
No Carts after 6:00p.m.
All Carts must be in by 8:00p.m