Salary Negotiation Workshop
In the United States, women typically are paid less than men are over their lifetimes. The gender pay gap, as it is called, means that women and their families have less money to support themselves, save and invest for the future, and spend on goods and services. Families, businesses, and the economy suffer as a result.
This workshop will be from 4:45 to 7 p.m. in the N.M. Bureau of Geology room 253.
These workshops are an important part of AAUW's multipronged approach to closing the gender pay gap through advocacy, research, and public education.
Men are encouraged to attend!
- We'll briefly cover the gender wage gap and how we are addressing that with this workshop.
- Budgeting and resources to help you gather the data you need to negotiate your salary.
- Negotiating strategies
- Role playing: You will practice with each other doing some actual negotiating. It's awkward! But better to get the awkwardness out of the way NOW.
What to bring:
- Laptop - to access a few websites, if you want to take notes, or look up online resources.
- Resume - we won't be looking these over, they will be for your reference when you are negotiating
Please RSVP to reserve a spot by April 20!
Email Christine Burrill at firstname.lastname@example.org.