Faculty Development Week
NMT Academic Affairs has scheduled a series of events that for 2019 Faculty Development Week. Academic Affairs will also host two associated faculty receptions at the M-Mountain Grill at 5 p.m. Tuesday, August 13, and Friday, August 16. These are lots of fun and are a good way to get to know the new faculty members.
Academic Affairs will offer additional workshops during the year. All workshops will be held in the CITL (Speare 113), except where noted otherwise.
Tuesday, August 13
1 - 4 p.m.: Keynote Workshop, Conflict Resolution. A workshop on avoiding and dealing with conflict, including an overview of available processes and interactive activities introducing workshop participants to several tools and techniques. Topics include:
- generating buy-in to process and avoiding false consensus in groups
- reframing problems and complaints
- navigating the built-in dynamics of asking for or offering help (trying to ensure that help is helpful)
- bridging across different conflict styles
- finding what else to do when a process isn't working
- reducing and suspending judgement
If possible, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Doug Dunston, Emeritus Professor, CLASS Department.)
5 - 6:30 p.m.: Refreshments at the M-Mountain Grill. A chance for informal conversations with new faculty, continuing faculty, and administrators. Hors d'oeuvres and cash bar.