The Technical Communication curriculum prepares students to be creative and scientifically-literate writers, speakers, and designers. Students take courses from diverse fields of study to prepare them for technical communication positions upon graduation:
- The TC courses introduce students to document design, graphics, and computer documentation, created online and for multimedia. The TC courses also develop students’ writing, speaking, and editing abilities.
- The humanities and social science courses improve students’ understanding and appreciation of history, literature, philosophy, psychology, and the arts.
- The science and technology courses provide students a background in one specific science or engineering disciplines.
Specifically, our courses are designed to meet the following program outcomes:
- Professionalism within the field of TC in Written Communication and Editing
- Professionalism within the field of TC in Visual and Design Communication
- Professionalism within the field of TC in Oral Presentations
- Ability to conduct original research in TC and related fields intellectual breadth and depth in TC
- Ability to work collaboratively and understand the way TC projects are products of negotiated interaction