NMT Residential Life
Housing Cancellation Policy
As written in the ROOM & BOARD APPLICATION AND LICENSE AGREEMENT
- Students entering University housing for the proceeding semester may cancel their Room & Board Application and License Agreement without financial penalty by June 1 (for the proceeding fall term), December 1 (for the proceeding spring term) and May 1 (for the proceeding summer term).
- Between above dates and Opening Day for those respective terms, the student will be charged a $400 fee for breaking the Agreement/ not checking in by the first day of classes.
- Room cancellations made after the first day of classes are not eligible for refund of room or board. Fall semester residents who request cancellation of their room & board for the following Spring semester will still be charged for room & board if they remain enrolled at the University.
- Term dates are available on the current Residential Life Rates Sheet.
- Cancellations must be in writing. No cancellations will be accepted over the phone. Students with extenuating circumstances for canceling the Agreement may request a waiver of the cancellation fee and/or room & board charges by submitting a written waiver request to Residential Life. The request will be reviewed by a committee.