Dining at New Mexico Tech
Dining at New Mexico Tech is a great aspect to living on campus. Chartwells, our food service provider, continually strives to improve the dining services to students at New Mexico Tech. We have several venues and meal plan options available to our residents and student population. While every person who lives in a residence hall must purchase a meal plan, the many options available are sure to fit your needs.
For more information about dining and specific meal times, please visit the Chartwells website http://www.dineoncampus.com/nmt/.
It is mandatory for all undergraduate residents to purchase a meal plan. The size of the meal plan required depends on the student’s living arrangements.
Meal Plan Choices for Traditional Hall Students:
- 150 + 75 Tech Dollars Plan
- 200 + 25 Tech Dollars Plan
- Unlimited + 50 Tech Dollars Plan
Meal Plan Choices for Undergraduate Apartment Students:
- 30 Meals + 125 Tech Dollars
- 50 Meals + 50 Tech Dollars
- 80 Meals + 50 Tech Dollars
Apartment Students may also purchase any of the larger plans listed above.
Meal Plan Choices for Graduate Students and Off-Campus Students:
- 25 Meals
- Any of the larger plans listed above.
The number of meals in a meal plan are for an entire semester. Meals remaining at the end of the semester cannot be carried over to the next semester. No refunds will be given for meals not eaten.
Tech Dollars work like cash and are accepted at the Fire And Ice coffee bar, which is just outside the dining room on the ground floor of Fidel.
The dining hall features all-you-can-eat pizza, Mexican food, salad bar, sandwich bar, pasta bar, stir-fry bar, made-to-order grill items, and dessert bar.
Fire and Ice coffee shop proudly serves Starbucks coffee, the best fruit smoothies in town, pastries, snacks, cold drinks, and grab-and-go meal items, and is the perfect spot for a late night snack. Cash, credit cards and Tech dollars are all accepted.
Housing and Meal Plan Rates
Meal Plan Information
Meal Plan Requirements:
All students living in traditional residence halls must be enrolled in at least the 150 + 75 Tech Dollars meal plan. Traditional residence halls include Baca, South, West, Presidents, and Driscoll.
All undergraduate single students living in the apartments must be enrolled in an apartment meal plan (see complete list below).
What are Tech Dollars?
Tech Dollars work like cash and are accepted at the Fire And Ice coffee bar, which is just outside the dining room on the ground floor of Fidel. Tech dollars can be used to purchase menu items from the dining room as well.
Students can change meal plans through the first Wednesday of the semester. After that day the meal plan you have will be locked in for the whole semester. If a student changes rooms within the first three weeks of the semester to a building that allows a smaller meal plan, he/she may change it through the third week of the semester.
Special Dietary Needs:
Students who require a special diet are encouraged to speak directly with our Food Service Director and Executive Chef. These two individuals will do what is necessary to ensure that your dietary needs are met.
Do Meals Carry Over?
Meals and Tech Dollars do not carry forward from semester to semester. However, if a student runs low on meals there is a variety of smaller plans that can be purchased at any time.
Meal Plan Choices:
- 25 Meals – This block plan can be purchased by off-campus students or as a supplemental plan if a student runs low on meals during the semester.
- 30 Meals + 125 Tech Dollars – This plan satisfies the minimum requirement for apartment undergraduates and can also be purchased as a supplemental plan if a student runs low on meals during the semester.
- 50 Meals + 50 Tech Dollars – This plan satisfies the minimum requirement for apartment undergraduates and can also be purchased as a supplemental plan if a student runs low on meals during the semester.
- 80 Meals + 50 Tech Dollars – This plan is above and beyond the minimum requirement for apartment undergraduates and can also be purchased as a supplemental plan if a student runs low on meals during the semester.
- 150 Meals + 75 Tech Dollars – This is the minimum required plan for all residence hall students (Baca, Driscoll, Presidents, South, West). This plan is adequate for those who do not anticipate spending weekends on campus.
- 200 Meals + 25 Tech Dollars – This plan is recommended for student who would like more than 2 meals per day on a regular basis.
- Unlimited Meals + 50 Tech Dollars – This plan is recommended for students who plan to eat almost every meal in the dining room. It is the most economic meal plan you can choose from. Unlimited meals may only be used by student/cardholder.