Playas Military Training Programs
- Develop highly complex training scenarios that accurately replicate specific areas of operation within the current theaters of war in Iraq, Afghanistan, and the Horn of Africa.
- Create an authentic hyper immersive training environment specifically designed to allow the training audience a maximum number of opportunities to achieve its training objectives.
- Train US Special Operations and conventional US Military Forces; over 5000 trained in 2010.
Capabilities and Capacities
- Integration of joint tactical enablers supporting distributed operation
- Joint distributed lethal and non-lethal combat operations
- Airborne insertions (free fall and static line and heavy drop)
- Air Assault insertions
- Close air support (JTAC) training
- Long distance communications
- Sniper live fire and high angle live firing
- Desert driving and land navigation techniques
- Long distance cross-country land navigation training
- Live demolitions training up to 10000 lbs explosives
- MOUT in a western (US, Europe and Central and South America) environment
- MOUT in an eastern (Iraq, Afghanistan, and Horn of Africa) environment
- Rock climbing and desert survival techniques
- Occupy COP in an eastern urban setting
- Role player and Key leader engagements replicating shuras /jurgas found in Southwest and Central Asia and the Horn of Africa
- High-altitude desert survival
- Counter IED and Attack the Network training; replicating IED networks found in Iraq, Afghanistan, and HoA
- Joint special operations mission training; mission specific pre-deployment training
Village Stability Operations (VSO)
- Interagency integration within a tactical staff; non-lethal aspects of planning and executing combat operations
- Computer network attack and network exploitation
- Signals intelligence collection (GSM, PTT, and HPCP)
- Human intelligence collection (Military Source Operations, Recruited Sources, Tactical interrogations)
- Law Enforcement Professional integration into staff operations
- Instrumented AAR support with capture video and audio support available
- On site, 10-60 seat, fully instrumented classrooms
- SCIF supportable; classified work area available
Immersion in the realistic environment provided significantly more learning than a much greater time frame of traditional instruction.